February 25, 2021: What's New in the Science & Practice of Meaningful Meetings
Session Recording and Files
First, thanks to the amazing Lisa Rothstein for capturing our event highlights in that fabulous sketchnote!
Take a look below to find:
- The video recording from the session
- The chat transcript
- The automated audio transcript created live by Otter.ai
- PDF copies of both slide decks
- New research on Meeting Recovery in draft form, currently out for peer review
Below all this, you'll also find links to several of the concepts and tools we explored in the session. As always, your comments and contributions are very much appreciated in the comments below. Also - check out Joe's new book!!!
Additional Resources Shared in this Session
For Rule 1: Experiment with meetings.
- Remote Together Community
- Liberating Structures Events Calendar
- WoWPS and PPS - Book: Corporate Rebels, Article: Performance Promoter Score
- Riff Analytics
For Rule 3: Use technology.
- Logitech Video
- Voltage Control's Virtual Meeting Hardware Guide
- New studies on Zoom fatigue and How Video Meetings Mess with Your Head
For Rule 6: Embrace diversity.
- Article: How to Have Inclusive Meetings Over Zoom
- Article: 12 Tips for Making Your Video Meetings More Inclusive—So Everyone Feels Heard
For Rule 8: Plan the design of meetings.
For Rule 10: Plan for creativity and capture these results.
- Live transcription via Otter.ai - see file above
- Graphic recording courtesy Lisa Rothstein from Drawing Out Your Genius (and, check out her version of Zoom Hell for the New Yorker)
Emerging ideas about hybrid meetings
- Article: Designing the hybrid office
- Research: The Future of Team Leadership Is Multimodal
- Article: Creating a Level Playing Field in a Hybrid Workplace