Learn to bring a facilitator’s mindset to your team meetings, bringing out your team’s best ideas.
Over 1,200 organizations have learned how to run engaging meetings from Barbara MacKay and North Star Facilitators. In this on-demand course, Bar- bara will show you how to ask great questions, lead activities that work for participants with different thinking and learning styles, and structure your meetings to create irresistible opportunities for engagement.
Regularly updated, this course teaches simple exercises and meeting techniques for in-person, fully virtual, and hybrid meetings alike.
- Video demonstrations and instructions for verbal, visual, social, physical, and sensory engagement techniques.
- 15+ hand-picked simple activities that are easy to lead and tailored to business meetings
- Downloadable plans for virtual meetings, hybrid meetings, and face-to-face gathering
- Example questions designed to engage people with different thinking styles.
Have you ever led a meeting where:
- You don't get answers when you ask a question?
- One or two people do all the talking and no one else gets a chance to contribute?
- You lose people's attention to distracting technology?
- You feel like you have to do it all on your own, because no one else is stepping up?
The good news? Meetings don't have to be stressful or exhausting.
To get everyone actively engaged—so everyone is contributing their best ideas and working well together as a team—you need to learn how to:
- Ask great questions
- Lead activities that work for participants with different thinking and learning styles
- Structure your meetings to create irresistible opportunities for engagement
PDUs: Leadership - 2
With just a few simple meeting techniques, you can transform those plodding, dull meetings into energizing events your team wants to attend.
This course will teach you the crucial meeting leadership skills you need to lead consistently engaging meetings. Please note all the techniques that we cover here for in-person meetings can also be used in some adapted way in online or virtual meetings. We’ve just added a handout in each section that helps you lead engaging virtual meetings.
Whether you're a brand new team leader, or you're working with a new team that you're having trouble engaging, or even if you've been leading meetings for years and you're looking to upgrade your approach, taking this course will give you the practical skills and confidence you need to run more engaging, successful meetings.
"I'm a newbie to leading engaging meetings and I wanted some resources to get started. This course delivered!
I now have great new ideas, confidence in my ability to use them, and I'm actually excited to plan meetings that will be more fun for my team!"
-- Elena Mierau, Spokane Regional Health District
Certified Professional Facilitator and Assessor, IAF Hall of Fame Inductee
Barbara's been facilitating since 1981. She founded North Star Facilitators in 1995 and has since led thousands of facilitated meetings, conferences, and workshops all over the world.
Today, Barbara focuses on ensuring that the world has increasing numbers of competent, collaborative leaders. Her approach to teaching is to honor the incredible intelligence of every person. Her core facilitation methodology is the Technology of Participation (ToP) infused with principles of neuroscience, Non Violent Communication, cross cultural diversity and inclusion perspectives, and graphic facilitation.